- We will treat all of your Personal Information as confidential. We will only disclose this information as required by law. We will keep your Personal Information on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation, ensuring we are fully up to date and compliant with any new legislation, including the new European General Data Protection Regulation.
- In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
- When you shop on www.basicsense.co.uk we will gather Personal Information from you such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of content may collect information about where you are on the internet, your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of the website that were viewed during your visit and any search items that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- The reason that we monitor our website and capture this information is to improve your shopping experience, enabling us to handle your order, process deliveries, make you aware of exciting offers and promotions and ensure that we can continue to provide a great online shopping experience to our customers.
- If you have subscribed to the Basic Sense mailing list, and wish to no longer receive news on our new products and promotions, you may unsubscribe through the links in any of our emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that it is not possible to unsubscribe from any transactional emails as these emails include helpful information on your order’s progress.
- We confirm that any Personal Information that you provide to us and any User Information from which we can identify you is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office.
To further improve your shopping experience, we store information about you using cookies which are files sent by us to your computer or other access device which we can access when you visit our site at some point in the future. The cookies we use enable us to save your bag for later, track the opening of our emails, for example. We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are or how to control or delete them then we recommend that you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an “implied consent” policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.). Please note that by deleting the cookies on the site, your user experience may be affected, and some functionality may not function as expected.
There are four main types of cookies we store – here’s how and why we use them.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Basic Sense, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
We use Persistent Basket Cookie to remember what you have put into your shopping basket over an extended period of time. This Cookie only stores basic data about your basket strictly for use by our website. The cookie has an expiration of 90 days to 24 months.
We use a session cookie to remember your log in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
Third Party Cookies
Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are or how to control or delete them then we recommend that you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for can be found at http://allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Basic Sense use the latest Secure Server Technology to ensure that all data submitted through our website is protected to the highest standards.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used to ensure that all credit card and transactional information is secure. You can tell when the web page your using is secure as the letters 'https' will replace 'http' in the browser address window. You will also notice a yellow padlock appear either next to your browser address window or at the bottom of your browser window.